The fall 2019 dumpster is scheduled to be delivered to the 137th Street circle on Friday, November 15th, 2019, and will be available until Thursday, November 21st.
Each year (and sometimes twice a year), the neighborhood gets a large dumpster to help residents out with their house cleaning. It is typically available for a week, or until it’s filled up, whichever comes first.
Please be respectful of your neighbors and condense your trash as much as possible when loading it into the dumpster, so that there is enough room for all the homeowners to discard their items. In addition, please avoid recyclable items such as cardboard, paper, cans, and plastic bottles. They take up space and can be easily recycled at multiple facilities in Kearney.
Please note the following items may NOT be placed into the dumpster.
- Yard waste, branches, or firewood
- Dirt, brick, or large pieces of concrete
- Paint, stain, thinners or mineral spirits
- Lawn chemicals, household or shop chemicals, or other hazardous materials
- Tires, batteries, old oil, or any old automotive fluids
- Lawn equipment or machinery should have all oil, gas, and other fluids removed
- Large appliances should be drained of freon or any other hazardous chemicals and placed next to the dumpster (be sure the dumpster door can be closed)
- All scrap metal, large or small, should be placed in a pile next to the dumpster for special pickup (be sure the dumpster door can be closed)
- Dumpster should be filled only to the point where it is level with the sides.
For ridding yourself of paint, batteries, old automotive fluids, and other household chemical products, you may take them to the Kansas City Water Dept. Hazardous Waste facility at 4707 Deramus Avenue, Kansas City, MO 64120. Click here for more info.